Friday, June 26, 2009

A Parallel life now has passed

This morning I am in repose as I consider this anomaly...the late Michael Jackson...

We were both born in the same year...and I can remember as a kid with my friends...doing little dance skits and singing "The Jackson Five" songs...

When I joined the Army and couldn't wait to turn 21 so I could actually be admitted to Disco joints...I played the "Off the Wall" album so much I bought three more of them...some young people may not know but we had a vinyl disc that made physical contact with a vibrating needle...the needle eventually wore the vinyl down...

I actually wore white socks with short pants and white tipped wing tips...never wore the white glove...cause I thought that was silly...but likened my dancing prowess much like Michael's...I actually won some dance contests doing some of Michael's moves mixed in with my own...

I have to admit...I never could moonwalk...no matter how hard I tried...or someone tried to teach me...the title "moonwalk" was a testament to our time of space travel and moon exploration...

I must admit that when he started changing...I started to lean away from Michael...I always was embarrassed by it as though it was part of me...

Michael and the eccentricities kind of turned me away...I would tell people I used to know Michael when he was "Black"...

I never knew what to think of the children issue...but I really think that Michael in adult life when he started to get his own power in his life...wanted to go back to his childhood and was kind of seeking to grab those days back...I now think he was misunderstood on these issues and definitely not a "Child Molester"...that's just my feel on the issue...

I just find it hard to believe a man would actually build a world of fantasy and live in it...to facilitate a sick fascination with children...he was trying to create a world he never knew as a kid...his "Dad" has to live the rest of his life trying to deal with how he helped to screw this kid up...

The talent and energy of Michael will never be forgotten...he will have a status in legend much like Elvis Presley...

I grew up in a household that my Dad encouraged racism...but the Motown sounds pierced into that world...and "The Jackson Five" with Michael at the helm...was a big part of that...I imagine this was the knife that pierced into a lot of similar lives...there was an innocence to the boy that sang, "ABC" and "123"....

Michael I will miss you...the memory of you..the realization that you have passed at pretty much the same age as I...brings a stark realization to the parallel of life we have shared...

It may sound strange...but I feel like a part of me passed yesterday at the time Michael left....

Blue

No comments: