Thursday, June 11, 2009

What a Birdiful Morning

Wow, it's a semi-misty morning here, and the temps are still cool...

It's quieter than normal...no multitude of school buses...they must send 10 out here in just this one community...I can't see why they can't fill the buses up and consolidate the bucks wasted...but hey that's above my "care" grade I guess...or is it above my "being heard" grade....but definitely not above my "being taxed for it" grade...well enough of this...

Since it was much quieter this morning watching the birds in my neighborhood do their morning thing was just amazing...now maybe this is a "Bird" kind of thing...a person actually gets excited about these little creatures...enough to love having their presence around...

I like Bluebirds and one day hope to have a pair choose one of my boxes to breed in...that would be wonderful...but in the meantime I have so many other birds that are breeding in my yard...some would argue it's good and some would argue bad...but I love to watch the cycles of nature...as it reminds me that Someone much more intelligent than I is at work...

I watched as Swallows grabbed insects above me in mid air...it's hard for me to tell exactly what kind they are...because they move so fast...but it is a joy watching them...in the evening we get the bats...

I have a pair of Mockingbirds building a nest in one of my trees close to the sidewalk...it won't be long and I can bet they will be dive bombing passing walkers...although they seem to have a bond with me...I too will be keeping an eye out for them...

I have a House Wren that has literally taken over my front yard minus the Mockingbirds...and the male sings constantly...I did notice a female this morning so soon I will have more of them...I miss my Carolina Wrens..they did start a nest but haven't used it...

In the back above my deck is a Robin sitting on eggs...I already had one nest of Robins earlier this year of four...

I watch as the Eastern Starlings pass all over the place as each house in this place was poorly built around the eaves to accommodate them...we had some people fill in the place where they used to nest every year at our house...

I watch as Goldfinches, House Finches and Warblers, pass above me...some enlightening on the little wildflowers in the area...

I even saw a little Woodpecker make his presence known in our Gum Ball tree....

Every morning two geese do a fly by headed East...honking as they go...in the evening they always head West...honking as they go...

I even spotted a large Crane flying overhead this morning...one year one made a feast of the fish in my backyard pond...

Yes one could say...it's been a "Birdiful" morning....

I hope you had a "Birdiful" morning as well...

Birdman Blue

No comments: