Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Weed That Reminds Me

There it is...the Garden....where in late February the Daffodils grace the last snow...and then pops the tulips and wave of blue from the hyacinths....then the dahlias...and the gladiolas...to the bees balm...and the hydrangeas...topped with the dancing of the marigolds...and the crape myrtles....

All growing season long I pull the weeds...and I mulch...and I treat the soil...I fertilize...and I mulch...and I water and watch as it all changes...




But while I strive to have the most aesthetic and perfect garden...because it's a garden of remembrance for those I have loved who have now passed...it inspires me in the cool of the morning and the cool of the evening...I love the fireflies who dance among my work...no matter how much I try to make it perfect...I always leave one weed...

Why...you may say...because it reminds me I am not living in a perfect world...the weed reminds me that no matter how much I try to make it better...there is still the weed...it also lets me know that there is a perfect place with no weeds...

So I leave one weed to Remind me...


And I am that Weed...


Birdman Blue

No comments: